Red Tape At Shows.

meleditor

Red Tape At Shows.

Post by meleditor »

Tewkesbury Classic Car Show has been cancelled. It was always organised by Tewkesbury Round Table, but this year they couldn't get enough volunteers to cope with all the regulations and H&S. I can see it won't be long before the only events will be the professionally organised ones and impromptu ones such as breakfast meets and pub meets. The regulations are reaching a point of stupidity, Last year at Hatton they insisted on a Risk Assessment for the grass i.e. could someone slip if it was wet, or could they trip over a tuft if it wasn't cut short enough. At Tewkesbury the guitarist who was part of the entertainment was not allowed to play an electric guitar, but he could play acoustic, that was because of Covid. Does that mean someone who listens to an electric guitar is more likely to catch Covid?
meleditor

Re: Red Tape At Shows.

Post by meleditor »

I have just just heard from Tewkesbury Rotary Club, with an explanation why they had to cancel this years event. To get a licence they had to deal with NINE different organisations, including, Police, Fire, Local Council, Health and Safety, Safeguarding Children Board, The Pollution team. The list goes on, It sounds to me as though a bunch of jobsworths are trying to justify their positions. Or perhaps they just don't like to see people enjoying themselves
aacEditor
Site Admin

Post by aacEditor »

Wow - I never imagined so many!
ClareSharp

Post by ClareSharp »

That is so sad :(